Join our team
Enjoy a stimulating working environment while helping to shape the Commission's work.
By joining the National Infrastructure Commission, you’ll be playing a key role in helping deliver independent advice to government on the UK’s long term infrastructure needs.
We are a collaborative team, working to support the Commissioners in offering forward-thinking recommendations based on a rigorous approach to evidence and consultation, and to monitor government’s progress in implementing those plans.
The Commission’s secretariat stands at approximately 40 staff, comprised of a mixture of policy, analytical and operational staff from a variety of backgrounds.
We work hard to create an environment in which people enjoy working. We are a small, friendly and dynamic organisation, which adheres to core values of being supportive, rigorous and creative.
The Commission views flexible working as essential in enabling us to recruit and retain talented people, ensuring that they are able to enjoy a long-lasting career with us. All employees have the right to apply for flexible working and there are a range of options available including; working from home, compressed hours and job sharing.
We also offer a generous maternity/ paternity and adoption leave package.
The Commission has a broad remit, so it’s important our employees come from the widest possible range of backgrounds, bringing us the widest possible range of perspectives and ways of thinking. We are committed to ensuring that all staff can realise their potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
As reflected in our Diversity Strategy 2020-23, our aim is to be an open and inclusive team, recruiting and retaining diverse, talented and high performing people who support and develop one another.
We will offer an interview to any applicants with a disability who have indicated they wish to take part in the disability confident scheme, provided they meet the essential criteria for the post set out in the relevant role person specification.
Details of how to seek reasonable adjustments during the selection process are available in the online application pack.
As part of the civil service, the Commission offers a range of benefits to its staff, including:
- 25 days’ annual leave (rising to 30 after 5 years), plus 8 public holidays and HM The Queen’s birthday (unless you have a legacy arrangement as an existing Civil Servant);
- access to a generous Defined Benefit pension scheme with employer contributions;
- access to a cycle-to-work salary sacrifice scheme, season ticket advances and payroll giving;
- access to a retail discounts and cashback benefits site;
- a range of active staff networks, based around interests (eg analysts, music society, sports and social club) and diversity (such as women in the Treasury, ethnic minority network, LGBT* network, faith and belief network).