The Commission's purpose, objectives and mission statement.
The Commission provides government with impartial, expert advice on major long term infrastructure challenges.
The Commission’s objectives are to:
- support sustainable economic growth across all regions of the UK
- improve competitiveness; and
- improve quality of life.
In fulfilling our purpose and objectives, we:
- Set a long term agenda – identifying the UK’s major economic infrastructure needs, and the pathways to address them,
- Develop fresh approaches and ideas – basing our independent policy recommendations on rigorous analysis, and
- Focus on driving change – building consensus on our policy recommendations, and monitoring government progress on their delivery.
You can read more about who we are and how we operate on the pages below.