The Commission's purpose, objectives and mission statement.
The Commission provides government with impartial, expert advice on major long term infrastructure challenges.
The Commission’s objectives are to:
- support sustainable economic growth across all regions of the UK
- improve competitiveness; and
- improve quality of life.
In fulfilling our purpose and objectives, we:
- Set a long term agenda – identifying the UK’s major economic infrastructure needs, and the pathways to address them,
- Develop fresh approaches and ideas – basing our independent policy recommendations on rigorous analysis, and
- Focus on driving change – building consensus on our policy recommendations, and monitoring government progress on their delivery.
You can read more about who we are and how we operate on the pages below.
NIA2 expert advisory panels
Membership of the three expert panels helping inform and challenge the Commission's second National Infrastructure Assessment.Read more